With a custom order, your dog will get a Blind Dog Bumper Collar made for the specific breed, size and weight.
The collar width, the hoop size and hoop strength can be changed to fit your dog's needs.
We have a variety of colors in short and long fake fur.
Since every dog is different in size and shape and energy level, we offer custom orders. Fortunately, most dogs fit the collar with a standard hoop size.
Even though this Blind Dog Bumper Collar is designed to be worn with the buckle under the neck ( with the hoop slightly underneath the face) some people like the hoop to look like a halo and they put the collar on upside down so the hoop is above the head of their little "angel", which is fine- it works either way.
- Some people are concerned with the collar WEIGHT because their dog is very tiny, and some are more concerned with the HOOP STRENGTH because their dog is a real "bruiser" and would squash a hoop that wasn't strong enough.
- Some people want the collar LOOSE ( like for instance collapsing trachea issues or other medical issues)
- Some people want the HOOP VERY SMALL because of doggy door size restraints or they have a pug or Boston terrier with the short muzzle, and others want a VERY LARGE HOOP for a bigger “buffer area” around their blind dog.
- The COLLAR WIDTH varies also. Usually the 3/4” wide is for the very tiny dogs, the 1“ wide is a little stronger, and good for small dogs. The 1 1/2” wide collar is perfect for medium size dogs ( 40 –60 pounds) who have a larger body and more moving force. The extra width of the collar allows for a stronger attaching point for the heavier hoop. The 2” wide collars are for large dogs.
- Each dog is different too. Some dogs put this collar on and off they go! Some dogs are more timid and take their time. Each dog has their own individual shape and weight, regardless of breed. Some blind dogs keep their head low to the ground, some hold it higher when they walk. Older dogs might do better with a Blind Dog Bumper Collar that is lighter and less hoop strength, because they don’t move around as much. Young or very energetic dogs would need a strong, durable collar to keep up with their activity level.
So it's up to YOU - what you personally think will work best for for YOUR dog. A few emails back and forth can answer any questions you have to help you decide what would work best for your dog.
BLIND DOG BUMPER COLLARS CUSTOM ORDERS